This is the collection of question you can read before taking Texas Road Test in DPS office. These question are not enough to pass the test. The content on this question is collection of question taken from different site....and will give one, good idea what kind of question he/she will expect on exam.
Denton Nepali Community.
TEXAS ROAD RULES TEST
1.) Only the driver.
2.) Only the driver and front seat passengers.
3.) All passengers.
4.) Only the front seat passengers.
2. You have an accident in which someone is injured, you should
1.) Carefully help anyone who might be hurt, and send for skilled help as quickly as possible.
2.) Assume that the victim is not injured if he says he is not.
3.) Immediately pick up the victim and take him to the hospital in your car.
4.) Get the name of witnesses before you do anything else.
3. Vehicle skids are most likely to be caused by
1.) Too much ice or snow on the road.
2.) Air pressure in tires too low.
3.) Air pressure in tires too high.
4.) Driving too fast on slipping road.
4. Flashing red traffic light means
1.) Stop until the green light comes on.
3.) Slow down.
4.) Stop, look, and yield before proceeding.
5. when you are taking medicine prescribed for you by a doctor you should
1.) ask your doctor if it is safe for you to drive.
2.) Never drive.
3.) Drive only if you feel OK.
4.) Drive short distance only.
6. If you move you should report your change of address within
1.) 24 hours
2.) 10 days.
3.) 48 hours.
4.) 2 weeks
5.) 30 days
7. If you are driving at the speed limit and another car sounds his horn and starts to pass, you should
1.) Slow down and allow him to pass.
2.) Refuse to give way as he is already driving at the speed limit.
3.) Speed up to get out of his way.
4.) Sound your horn and wave to warn him.
8. A solid yellow line on your side of the center stripe means
1.) Do no pass.
2.) Slow down.
3.) Traffic signal ahead.
4.) You are on a multiple lane highway.
9. You must give a signal either by hand, arm, or by signal device
1.) Only at night
2.) Only if the other traffic is affected by your movement.
3.) Anytime you change lanes.
4.) Only if you are driving a car or truck.
10. When a vehicle ahead of you stop to let a pedestrian pass in front of it, you should
1.) Sound your horn.
2.) Overtake to the right.
3.) Overtake to the left.
4.) Stay in line and wait until the vehicle ahead proceeds.
11. When choosing your driving speed, the most important thing to consider is
1.) The time you have to travel.
2.) The condition of the other drivers
3.) The car you are driving
4.) The condition of the weather, traffic, road, car, and driver.
12. The dfdsfsf fine for a first conviction of driving without a valid driving license is
13. A posted speed limit of 55 means
1.) You can always lawfully drive 55mph on that road.
2.) You may drive 55mph only under favorable driving conditions.
3.) You may drive 60 mph as officers allow an extra 5 mph.
4.) You may drive 60mph day or night on that road.
14. If you are teaching a beginner to drive you must
1.) Be over 21 years old
2.) Be a licensed driver age 18 or over.
3.) Have a commercial license.
4.) Have had five years driving experience.
15. A person’s driver’s license will automatically be suspended if convicted of
1.) Four or more traffic violators
2.) Attempting to flee from a police officer.
3.) Possessing an else driver’s license.
4.) Failure to maintain financial responsibility.
16. as you near an intersection, you discover you are in the wrong lane for turning right as intended, therefore, you should
1.) wait until other pass and then get into the proper lane.
2.) Turn from the lane you are in if no cars are coming.
3.) Drive ahead until you can get into the proper lane, then turn at another intersection.
4.) Move quickly into the proper lane
17. A driver waiting to make a left turn when the traffic light turns green should
1.) Turn hurriedly ahead of oncoming traffic.
2.) Wait and turn on the next yellow signal.
3.) Signal and bluff other vehicles into stopping
4.) Turn only after there is no danger from oncoming vehicles.
18. Marijuana use will
1.) Adversely affect a driver’s concentration, judgment and perceptual skills.
2.) Not affect a driver’s ability to safely operate a vehicle.
3.) Make a driver more alert.
19. if you have a blow out while driving, you should
1.) step on the gas.
2.) Push in the clutch and coast.
3.) Hit the brakes
20. if your drivers license is suspended you may drive only
1.) if you get permission from the local police.
2.) If you have an accompanying licensed driver.
3.) If you drive on little-traveled roads.
4.) If you obtain an…dsfsf
21. What is the first thing that should be done when a motor vehicle starts to skid
1.) Apply brakes immediately.
2.) Steer for the shoulder of the road.
3.) Steer in direction of skid and steadily apply brakes.
4.) Take your foot off the accelerator and steep in th
22. The most a person can be fined for a conviction of driving while under the influence of intox rating liquor with no injury is
23. If you are involved in an accident, with injuries, you must immediately notify
1.) The local police
2.) The county sheriff
3.) The high patrol
4.) The Justice of peace
24. When turning you should give the proper signal
1.) At least 25 feet before turning
2.) At least 75 feet before turning
3.) At least 50 feet before turning
4.) At least 100 feet before turning.
25. Why should you drive slower at night
1.) There is more traffic on the roads.
2.) The distance which you can see is less.
3.) You are more apt to get sleepy.
4.) There are more careless drivers on the road at night.
26. A flashing yellow light means
1.) Do not turn.
3.) Slow down if other traffic is near.
4.) Always slow down.
27. When driving in the fog, you can see better by
1.) Using upper headlight beam.
2.) Using lower headlight beam.
3.) Using the parking lights.
4.) Switching beams frequently.
28. under favorable circumstances, including reaction time, a motor vehicle with good brakes going 50 mph can be stopped within
1.) about 55 feet
2.) about 100 feet
3.) about 133 feet
4.) about 188 feet
29. Including reaction time, the stopping distance is about 20 feet at 10mph, at 20 miles per hour it will be about
1.) 30 feet.
2.) 45 feet.
3.) 60 feet.
4.) 75 feet.
30. when parking parallel, it is best to leave the fwer side wheels
1.) just touching the curb.
2.) 6 to 18 inches from the curb.
3.) 18 to 24 inches from the curb.
4.) 24 to 30 inches from the curb.
31. If you run off the pavement, you should
1.) Steer straight ahead and speed up.
2.) Apply the brakes
3.) Turn the steering wheel quickly toward the road
4.) Steer straight and slow down before attempting to return to the pavement.
32. When turning left from a three lane on the street, you should turn from the
1) Right lane.
2) Center lane.
3) Left lane.
4) Either lane.
33. At 20mph the average driver, from the moment he sees danger until he hits the brake, will travel about
1.) 10 feet
3.) 44(55) feet
4.) 88 feet
34. You may lawfully allow an object to extend beyond the left side of your vehicle
1.) 3 inches
2.) 6 inches
3.) 9 inches
4.) 12 inches
35. After parking your vehicle, for the greatest safety, you should exit your vehicle
4.) On the street side.
36. List the number of the driver giving a proper right turn signal.
1.) Refer to pics.(1-4)
37. List the number of the motor vehicle or driver showing a proper stop signal.
1.) Refer to pics.(1-4)
38. List the number of the vehicles of driver showing a right signal.
1.) Refer to pics.(1-4)
39. List the number of the vehicle or driver showing a proper right turn signal.
1.) Refer to pics.(1-4)
40. List the number of the car or driver giving a proper left turn signal.
1.) Refer to pics.(1-4)
41. You must always stop when
1.) Approaching a yield sign
2.) You see a flashing green light
3.) A traffic officer instructs you to stop.
4.) Crossing a railroad track.
42. If a child ran into the road 45 to 50 feet ahead of your vehicle, what is the highest speed from which you could stop with good brakes before hitting him?
43. Heavy amphetamine use
1.) Keeps drivers awake and decreases the accident risk.
2.) Does not affect a drivers safe driving ability
3.) Makes a driver less coordinates and at times more likely to be involved in an accident.
44. When entering a street from a private alley or driveway, you must
1.) Always top
2.) Yield to approaching vehicle and pedestrians.
3.) Stop only when turning left.
4.) Sound your horn.
45. When making a long trip, you should stop for rest
1.) About every two hours or 100 miles.
2.) Only when you stop for meals and gasoline.
3.) Hurry so as to reduce time spent on the highway.
4.) About every four hours or two hundred miles.
46. The light on your vehicle must be turned on at any time day or night when persons and vehicles cannot be clearly seen for
1.) 350 ft.
2.) 750 ft
3.) 1000 ft.
4.) 1500 ft.
47. As a driver, if you refuse a test to determine the amount of alcohol in your body
1.) Your driver license may be suspended
2.) You must be fined $500
3.) You must be sentenced to jail for three days
4.) You may be required to take another driving test.
48. When a pedestrian walks out into the street in violation of the law, you should
1.) Insist on your right of way.
2.) Yield the right of way to avoid injuring him.
3.) Let him look out for himself.
4.) Caution him about jaywalking
49. A fdsfs showing with a red traffic light means
2.) You may erwrwr
3.) Slow down
4.) After stopping, you may go ahead carefully in the direction shown by the arrow.
50. Pedestrian using white canes are usually
51. It is a violation of State law for pedestrians
1.) To stand in the roadway for the purpose of soliciting a ride.
2.) To jaywalk on any street
3.) To cross streets in groups
4.) To run while crossing the street.
52. If you must walk on the highway, you should
1.) Walk on the left side in order to watch approaching vehicles.
2.) Walk on the side that has the widest shoulders.
3.) Walk on the right side in order that approaching vehicle.
4.) Walk on the side with the lightest amount of traffic.
53. If you run over and kill someone while driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor, the worse affensa with which you may be charged is
1.) Involve sddsgsgsg
2.) Negligent homicide
4.) Driving while under the influence of alcohol.
54. If you are required to show proof of financial responsibility for the future proof must be kept up for
1.) 1 year
2.) 5 years
3.) 2 years
4.) 4 years
55. The rider of a bicycle observes
1.) Only the laws of common sense
2.) The same laws that pedestrians observe
3.) No laws that are the same as those for motor vehicles.
4.) All signs, signals, and traffic laws.
56. Child passenger safety seats are required for all children under the age of
1.) 6 months
2.) 1 year
3.) 18 months
4.) 2 years
57. A person who has been drinking alcoholic beverages will usually
1.) Have an accident if he drives
2.) Have much faster reactions.
3.) Have impaired judgment and coordination
4.) Fall asleep within an hour.
58. On multiple lane highways slow drivers should drive
1.) In a middle lane.
2.) In the right hand lane.
3.) In the left lane
4.) In whatever lane other slow drivers may be using.
59. When following another vehicle how much driving time should you maintain between yourself and the vehicles you are following?
1.) 1 second
2.) 2 seconds
3.) 3 seconds
4.) 4 seconds
60. The maximum fine for driving and drinking an alcohol beverage is
61. To avoid accidents, a defensive driver should
1.) Ignore the driving of others.
2.) Signal only when meeting other traffic.
3.) Stay alert and look for trouble spots developing around him.
4.) Insist on his right of way.
62. When you are caught behind a very slow truck going up a long hill, you should
1.) Blow your horn in an effort to get the truck driver to move off on the shoulder.
2.) Pass on the right shoulder
3.) Pass on the left half of the roadway.
4.) Stay behind the truck until you reach the top of the hill and the way is clear.
63. Alcohol affects a driver by
1.) Slowing down reaction and impairing vision.
2.) Interfering with concentration and dulling judgment.
3.) Creating a false sense of confidence.
4.) All of these.
64. At night, a driver should dim his headlights when an oncoming motor vehicle comes within
1.) 100 feet
2.) 200 feet
3.) 400 feet
4.) 500 feet
65. As a driver, what traffic violations become a part of your permanent record in Austin.
1.) Only violations of city laws.
2.) Only violations of state laws.
3.) Only violations of county laws
4.) All moving violations on which you are guilty
66. If you damage an unattended vehicle, you must
1.) Call a wrecker and have it towed to a garage.
2.) Stay at the scene until the owner returns.
3.) Locate the owner or leave a signed statement on the vehicle.
4.) Advise an officer only.
67. Stopping a vehicle with good brakes from 20 mph under good conditions requires about
1.) 45 ft.
2.) 80 ft.
3.) 128 ft.
4.) 186 ft.
68. Not including thinking distance, at 20 mph, lawful brakes must stop a car within
1.) 10 ft
2.) 20 ft.
3.) 25 ft
4.) 45 ft
69. After overtaking a motor vehicle on a two lane road, you can best judge when it is safe to drive back into the righthand lane by
1.) Waiting until you can see the overtaken vehicle in your rearview mirror.
2.) Waiting one full minute.
3.) Waiting until you can no longer see the over-taken vehicle on your right.
4.) Waiting until you can no longer see the over-taken vehicle in your rearview mirror.
70. If blinded by an approaching motor vehicle at night, it is best to
1.) Leave your lights on bright to offset the glare.
2.) Slow down and avoid looking directly into the light of the approaching vehicle.
3.) Dim your lights and continue at the same speed.
71. your drivers license may be suspended for
1.) any violation of the motor vehicle laws.
2.) Habitual reckless driving.
3.) Any moving violation of the motor vehicle laws.
4.) Causing a minor accident.
72. If you get drowsy while driving, it is best to
1.) Take anti-sleep pills
2.) Stop for a cup of coffee at the next town.
3.) Open fresh air vents.
4.) Stop, get out and walk around.
73. Your drivers license may be suspended for causing
1.) One serious accident
2.) One minor accident
3.) One near accident
4.) Two near accidents
74. When meeting a school bus which has stopped to pick up or discharge children, you must
1.) Sound your horn and carefully pass.
2.) Stop and wait until the bus has started or you are signaled by the driver to proceed.
3.) Stop and then you may carefully pass at a speed not over 10 mph.
4.) Slow down and pass carefully at a speed not over 10 mph.
75. when approaching an intersection, bridge, or railroad crossing, you should never drive on the left half of the roadway when within
1.) 100 ft.
2.) 150 ft.
3.) 200 ft.
4.) 250 ft.
76. Cars parked on the side of a highway at night should show
1.) Interior light only.
2.) Manual flashlights front and rear
3.) Parking lights
4.) High-beam headlights.
77. The headlights should be turned on
1.) Only after it gets completely dark.
2.) 30 minutes before sunset.
3.) 30 minutes after sunset.
4.) At sunset.
78. Your drivers licenses will automatically be suspended if you are convicted of
1.) Violating a restriction on your license.
2.) Possessing a fake driver’s license.
3.) Causing a serious accident while driving.
4.) Failure to submit a required accident report.
79. The speed limit for passenger cars on designated erwer wr ew is
1.) 55 mph.
2.) 60 mph.
3.) 65 mph.
4.) 70 mph.
80. When parking near a corner; you may park your vehicle no closer than
1.) 10 feet from a crosswalk.
2.) 20 feet from a crosswalk.
3.) 30 feet from a crosswalk.
4.) 40 feet from a crosswalk.
81. When possible pedestrians should walk
1.) On the left side of the road facing traffic.
2.) On a sidewalk.
3.) On the right side of the road to avoid oncoming cars.
4.) On the side of the road with the lightest traffic.
82. Drivers become subject to the Safety Responsibility Law when accident damages amount to
1.) $25 to property of one person.
2.) $50 to property of one person.
3.) Over $100 to property of all persons.
4.) At least $1,000 to property of one person.
83. If another driver crowds you in traffic, you should
1.) Stay in your own lane even though it means getting sideswiped.
2.) If you can do so, move out of your lane to prevent an accident.
3.) Blow your horn and wave at the other driver.
4.) Let him hit you and call an officer.
84. When you have a siren coming, you should
1.) Turn right at the next corner.
2.) Speed up and get out of the way.
3.) Yield to the emergency vehicle.
4.) Continue as you are.
85. The most important thing in backing a motor vehicle is
1.) Looking back carefully.
2.) Looking forward carefully.
3.) Looking to the right carefully.
4.) Looking to the left carefully.
86. A vehicle should never be parked closer to a fire plug than
1.) 10 ft.
2.) 15 ft.
3.) 20 ft.
4.) 30 ft.
87. When approaching a green traffic light, you should
1.) Look both ways as you go ahead carefully.
2.) Speed up to avoid holding up traffic.
3.) Watch mainly to the right.
4.) Watch mainly to the left.
88. Seat belts are important, to both passengers and driver, because if you are thrown from a vehicle during an accident, your chances of being killed are
1.) Not any greater.
2.) 5 times greater.
3.) 3 times greater.
4.) 2 times greater.
89. When parking downhill it is best to
1.) Place gears in neutral
2.) Keep front wheels straight.
3.) Turn front wheels from curb
4.) Turn front wheels to the curb.
90. In this picture, if you were driving motor vehicle #1, you should
1.) Take the right of way
2.) Yield to vehicle #2 on the through street.
3.) Always stop.
4.) Wait for a signal from the driver of vehicle #2.
91. In this picture, if you were driving vehicle #2, you should
1.) Try to hold up vehicle #3 so you may turn in front of it.
2.) Try to hold up vehicle #4 so you may turn in front of it.
3.) Wait until it is safe to turn.
4.) Always speed up and turn in front of vehicle #4 so as not to hold up traffic behind.
92. In this picture, the driver of the vehicle on the two lane street should
1.) Always yield to the driver on the four lane street.
2.) Stop only if there is a stop sign.
3.) Take the right-of-way
93. In this picture, the driver of the vehicle on the unpaved road should
1.) Yield to the vehicle on the paved road in all instances.
2.) Take the right-of-way cautiously.
3.) Stop only if there is a stop sign.
94. In this picture, if you were driving the black vehicle, you should
1.) Take the right of way cautiously.
2.) Wait for the driver of the white vehicle to motion.
3.) Always slow down and allow the white vehicle to cross in front of you.